Age changes, unsuccessful surgeries and postoperative sutures, posttraumatic defects (scars, burns) – facial plastic surgery can solve a lot of aesthetic problems. You can change the incision that does not suit you, correct the shape of the nose or the structure of the auricles, carry out a facelift and neck, eliminate wrinkles and skin sagging. Modern plastic surgery allows performing operations with microscopic accuracy and guaranteeing a high level of safety for patients.
Goals and tasks of facial plastic surgery
Plastic surgery is aimed at eliminating aesthetic defects and changing the contours of the face. Depending on the patient’s initial data, the primary goal of plastic surgery may be a rejuvenation of the anatomical area, correction of congenital or acquired defects, modeling of the volume, relief and shape of a particular part of the face. Accordingly, Trust Pharmacy can distinguish three main tasks of facial plastic surgery:
- Elimination of facial defects;
- Correction of age-related changes, rejuvenation of the anatomical zone;
- Change (decrease or increase) in the volume of tissues, modeling of the shape, relief and contours of the correction zone.
Often the plastic surgeon has to solve not one, but two or three of the tasks listed above. For example, the correction of signs of aging during facial rejuvenation may require not only a tightening of the integumentary tissues but also changes in the height and location of the zygomatic prominence. With abdominoplasty, the surgeon eliminates excess subcutaneous fat (volume reduction), removes the fragment of the skin stretched due to involution processes, and if necessary also performs plastic and reposition of the navel.
The goal of a facial plastic surgery can be an improvement not only in aesthetics but also in the function of the organ as a whole.
Facial plastic surgeries include:
- Soft facial tissues lifting (facelift surgery). Rejuvenating plastic, which is a complex lifting, eliminating sagging skin, aligning the face oval.
- Forehead lift. An operation that helps to get rid of the gloomy appearance caused by deep wrinkles in the upper face area and on the bridge of the nose.
- Eyebrow lifting. It eliminates the sagging of soft tissues and changes the configuration of the eyebrows.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty). The fastest method of rejuvenation, which involves excision of excess skin in the eyelid and removal of “bags” under the eyes. The surgery allows to change a shape of eyes and give to it the European form.
- Ear surgery (otoplasty). Aesthetic correction of the shape, structure and location of the auricles, elimination of asymmetry.
- Nose plastic surgery (rhinoplasty). The operation to correct cosmetic defects, structural defects and the consequences of injuries to the nasal cavity.